Martine Heyneman graduated as a Doctor in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from Liège University in 1986. She started with her husband (Dr. Luc Beco) a Pet clinic in Spa/Belgium.
Since that date, her main interest is focused on Soft Tissue Surgery.
Dr. Heyneman attends numerous courses and seminar with a main topic: Veterinary Surgery:
- Seminar and courses about the treatment of the fractures with AO method: Courchevel (France) 1990
- Practical SAVAB wetlabs in neurosurgery: Antwerp 1997
- Soft Tissue and Urinary tract surgery Workshop: Elancourt-Paris (France) 1999
- ECVS workshop on surgical approaches for the surgery of the neck and the head of the dog: Bruges (Belgium) 1999
- ECVS workshop for intensive care technics and emergency surgery in intensive care: Bern (Switzerland) 2000
- Practical courses on digestive surgery: Elancourt-Paris (France) 2003
- ECVS workshop on non invasive surgery (laparoscopy): Pragues (Tchequie) 2004
- Advanced level courses on digestive surgery: Elancourt-Paris (France) 2005
- ECVS workshop on physiotherapy: Séville (Spain) 2006
- ESAVS n°1 courses: Soft tissue surgery advanced level: Vienna from 22/02/08 to 26/02/08
- ESAVS n° 2 courses: Soft tissue surgery advanced level: Vienna from 12/09/08 to 16/09/08
She works now in a private pet clinic in Spa (Belgium).
She is member of the SAVAB (Small Animal Veterinary Association Belgium). She has published 2 scientific papers.
She consults in French and English.
She is member of the Soroptimist International since 1986